What Is The Difference Between Eau de Toilette and Eau de Parfum?



image by Sixto-Juan Zavala

[text from the archives]

So this weekend I found out the difference between an Eau de Toilette and an Eau de Parfum and thought I'd share it with you, in case you are as clueless as I was!

The difference from what I now understand, is that Eau de Toilette has a lower concentration of fragrant oils than Eau de Parfum. Because of this the scent from an Eau de Toilette once sprayed will not last as long as that from an Eau du Parfum. Because of the higher percentage of fragrant oils Eau de Parfums tend to cost more than Ea du Toilettes.

So which one should you buy? In my mind if I'm wearing a fragrance I want the scent to last all day so I'd prefer to wear a Eau du Parfum. However, if the cost of the Eau de Parfum was significantly higher then the Eau de Toilette I guess I would go with the Eau du Toilette and if possible carry a small atomizer in my handbag. That way if the scent wears off during the day I can re apply it.

Follow me on instagram and bloglovin x

No comments:

Post a Comment